Your Hearing Health
Recent research published in the Archives of Internal Medicine report that one in five Americans age 12 and older experiences hearing loss severe enough to hinder communication. If you think you have hearing loss, or know a loved one who does, our interactive tools are a good first step towards getting the help you need.
- Online Hearing Test
- Hearing Loss Simulator
- Hearing Aid Finder Tool
You are not alone.
Did you know that hearing loss affects one in every 10 Americans? The good news is that today, with the latest advances in hearing aid technology, most forms of hearing loss can be successfully treated.
- 3 in 10 people over age 60 have hearing loss;
- 1 in 6 baby boomers (ages 41-59), or 14.6%, have a hearing problem;
- 1 in 14 Generation Xers (ages 29-40), or 7.4%, already have hearing loss;
- At least 1.4 million children (18 or younger) have hearing problems;
- It is estimated that 3 in 1,000 infants are born with serious to profound hearing loss.
Sergei Kochkin, PhD.
Executive Director, Better Hearing Institute
PhD., Sergei, Kochkin (2005). The Prevalence of Hearing Loss in the U.S.. . Retrieved May 23, 2014, from http://www.betterhearing.org/hearingpedia/prevalence-hearing-loss